LOCTITE 248 Blue Medium Strength Threadlocker
Known as LOCTITE 248 Blue Threadlocker Medium Strength Semi Solid Stick
Features and Benefits
- Convenient stick format prevents dripping
- Prevents loosening on vibrating assemblies, e.g. pumps, gear boxes or presses
- Works on all metals, including passive substrates (e.g. stainless steel, aluminum, plated surfaces)
- Proven to tolerate minor contamination by industrial oils, e.g. motor oils, corrosion prevention oils and cutting fluids
- Permits disassembly with hand tools
|Application Temperature||-55.0 - 150.0 °C (-65.0 - 300.0 °F )|
|Breakaway Torque, Breakloose torque, M10 Steel Nuts/Bolts||23.0 N·m (200.0 in./lb. )|
|Cure Type||Anaerobic Cure|
|Fixture Time||5.0 min.|
|Key Characteristics||Disassembly: Removable, Strength: Medium Strength|
|Physical Form||Semi-Solid Stick|
|Substrates||Metal, Metal: Passive Metal|
Step by Step Guide
1. Preparation - Cleaning
It is recommended to use LOCTITE® SF 7070™ to degrease and clean surfaces prior to applying threadlocker.
2. Preparation - Activation
If cure speed is too slow due to passive metals (stainless steel, aluminum and plated metals) or low temperature (below 5°C), use LOCTITE® SF 7649™ activator. Allow to dry.
3a. Application - Through Hole
Apply a 360 degree band of threadlocker to the male fastener at the area of engagement and completely fill the thread roots - generally the width of 2-3 threads. Assemble nut and tighten to proper torque.
3b. Application - Blind Hole
Apply threadlocker to entire diameter of thread engagement area on male fastener, install fastener into blind hole, and tighten to proper torque.
Assemble and tighten to proper torque requirement. If several bolts are being assembled, torque them down to the correct value within the fixture time window.
Disassemble with standard hand tools. If not possible, apply localized heat to approximately 500°F/260°C and disassemble while hot.
Where to Buy
Use our distributor locator to find your nearest store.
* Contact the distributor to confirm that the selected product is in stock.Go To distributor locator