Selecting Your Thermal Management Material
Thermal management materials from Henkel are designed to fit a wide range of applications. But depending on what you’re manufacturing, the type of interface material you need will differ. Selecting the right thermal management solution is key to:
- Optimizing heat dissipation
- Extending the life of components
- Upholding performance of devices
- Eliminating the risk of failure and performance drops
Selecting the right thermal management material for your application depends on several factors, including:
- Heat dissipation requirements
- Adhesive qualities needed in assembly
- Whether a solid or liquid is more applicable
- The size of the gap that needs to be filled
- Gap topography and surface
- Component stress level requirements
- Physics, including application temperature and structure
Knowing the requirements in your application for each of the above can help you decide whether you need a resin, liquid, or solid-state thermal management solution and whether pads, liquids, adhesives, tapes, or films are the right thermal product for use in your assembly.
For more information on how to select the right thermal interface materials, check out our guide on selecting the right thermal material for your needs.