LOCTITE® 243 Blue Medium Strength Threadlocker
Known as LOCTITE 243 Blue Threadlocker
Features and Benefits
- Prevents fastener loosening on vibrating assemblies, e.g. pumps, gear boxes or presses
- Works on all metals, including passive substrates (e.g. stainless steel, aluminum, plated surfaces)
- Proven to tolerate minor contamination by industrial oils, e.g. motor oils, corrosion prevention oils and cutting fluids
- Permits disassembly with hand tools for servicing
- NSF/ANSI 61 Certified
Documents and Downloads
- 50 ml Bottle 10.0/case - IDH 1329467
- 250 ml Bottle 10.0/case - IDH 1329505
- 10 ml Bottle 10.0/case - IDH 1329837
- 0.5 ml Bottle 100.0/case - IDH 1330255
- 1 l Bottle 4.0/case - IDH 1330333
Size Case: 250 ml Bottle
Size Case: 0.5 ml Bottle
Size Case: 1 l Bottle
Looking for a TDS or SDS in another language?
|Application method||Dispense Gun, Dispense System, Manual|
|Application temperature||-55.0 - 180.0 °C (-65.0 - 360.0 °F )|
|Breakaway torque, M10 Steel Nuts/Bolts||~26.0 N·m (230.0 in./lb. )|
|Cure type||Anaerobic Cure|
|Fixture time||10.0 min.|
|Key characteristics||Disassembly: Removable, Fluorescent, General Purpose, Oil Tolerant, Primerless, Strength: Medium Strength, Thixotropic|
|Prevail torque, M10 Steel Nuts/Bolts||5.0 N·m (40.0 in./lb. )|
|Recommended for use with||Metal, Metal: Passive Metal|
|Specific gravity, @ 23.0 °C||1.08|
|Viscosity, Speed 20 RPM||2150.0 mPa·s (cP)|
LOCTITE 243 Threadlocker Product Overview
Step by Step Guide
1. Preparation - Cleaning
It is recommended to use LOCTITE® SF 7070™ to degrease and clean surfaces prior to applying threadlocker adhesive.
2. Preparation - Activation
If cure speed is too slow due to passive metals (stainless steel, aluminum and plated metals) or low temperature (below 5°C), use activator LOCTITE® SF 7649™ (see cure speed vs activator graph in the TDS).
Apply liquid threadlocker to the engagement area. For manual dispensing, the use of a peristaltic handgun or the LOCTITE® Pro Pump is recommended to ensure a consistent application volume.
4. Application - Through Hole
Insert bolt and apply threadlocker to the exposed thread. Assemble nut and tighten to the correct/specified torque.
5. Application - Blind Hole
Apply several drops of liquid threadlocker down the sides of the blind hole filling the lower third. Apply several drops to the bolt.
Assemble and tighten. If several bolts are being assembled, torque them down to the correct value within the fixture.
7. Disassembly - Hand Tools
Disassemble with standard hand tools.
For the disassembly of corroded or seized parts use LOCTITE® LB 8040™ Freeze and Release.
Where to Buy
Use our distributor locator to find your nearest store.
* Contact the distributor to confirm that the selected product is in stock.Go To distributor locator