LOCTITE® 290 Wicking Grade Threadlocker
Features and Benefits
- Ideal for locking preassembled fasteners, e.g. instrumentation fasteners, electrical connectors and set screws
- Seals porosities in welds, castings and powdered metal parts
- Proven to be tolerant of minor contamination due to industrial oils, e.g. motor oils, corrosion prevention oils and cutting fluids
- Requires heat for disassembly
Documents and Downloads
- 50 ml Bottle 10.0/case - IDH 135392
Size Case: 50 ml Bottle
Looking for a TDS or SDS in another language?
|Application method||Post Applied|
|Application temperature||-55.0 - 150.0 °C (-65.0 - 300.0 °F )|
|Applications||For Pre-Assembled Fasteners, Porosity Sealing, Threadlocking|
|Breakaway torque, M10 Steel Nuts/Bolts||10.0 N·m (90.0 in./lb. )|
|Cure type||Anaerobic Cure|
|Fixture time||20.0 min.|
|Key characteristics||Disassembly: Disassembly with Heat, Fluorescent, Strength: Medium to High Strength, Viscosity: Low Viscosity, Wicking/Penetrating Grade|
|Prevail torque, M10 Steel Nuts/Bolts||29.0 N·m (260.0 in./lb. )|
|Recommended for use with||Metal: Brass, Metal: Steel, Metal: Steel - Stainless Steel|
|Viscosity, Speed 20 RPM||40.0 mPa·s (cP)|
LOCTITE 290 Threadlocker Product Overview
Step by Step Guide
1. Preparation - Cleaning
It is recommended to use LOCTITE® SF 7070™ to degrease and clean surfaces prior to applying adhesive.
Assemble nut and bolt. Dispense a low-viscosity wicking grade threadlocker, such as LOCTITE 290, at the nut and bolt juncture.
3a. Disassembly - Hand Tools
Disassemble with standard hand tools.
3b. Disassembly - Heat
If disassembly is not possible using normal hand tools, apply localized heat to approximately 500°F/260°C. Disassemble while hot with standard hand tools.
For the disassembly of corroded or seized parts use LOCTITE® LB 8040™ Freeze and Release.
Where to Buy
Use our distributor locator to find your nearest store.
* Contact the distributor to confirm that the selected product is in stock.Go To distributor locator