LOCTITE 263 Red High Strength Threadlocker
Features and Benefits
- Particularly suited for heavy duty applications such as studs into motor housings where high strength is required
- Prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration
- Designed for the permanent locking and sealing of threaded fasteners
- Provides robust curing performance
- Offers high temperature performance and oil tolerance
Documents and Downloads
- 1 l Bottle 4.0/case - IDH 1330334
- 250 ml Bottle 10.0/case - IDH 1330335
- 0.5 ml Bottle 100.0/case - IDH 1330582
- 10 ml Bottle 10.0/case - IDH 1330583
- 50 ml Bottle 10.0/case - IDH 1330585
Size Case: 1 l Bottle
Size Case: 250 ml Bottle
Size Case: 0.5 ml Bottle
Looking for a TDS or SDS in another language?
|Agency Approvals / Certificates / Specifications||NSF/ANSI 61|
|Application Method||Dispense System, Manual|
|Application Temperature||-65.0 - 360.0 °F (-55.0 - 180.0 °C )|
|Breakaway Torque, M10 Steel Nuts/Bolts||33.0 N·m (290.0 in./lb. )|
|Cure Type||Anaerobic Cure|
|Fixture Time||10.0 min.|
|Key Characteristics||Disassembly: Disassembly with Heat, Fluorescent, General Purpose, Oil Tolerant, Primerless, Strength: High Strength|
|Prevail Torque, M10 Steel Nuts/Bolts||33.0 N·m (290.0 in./lb. )|
|Specific Gravity, @ 25.0 °C||1.1|
|Substrates||Metal, Metal: Passive Metal|
|Viscosity, 20 RPM||500.0 mPa·s (cP)|
Step by Step Guide
1. Preparation - Cleaning
It is recommended to use LOCTITE SF 7070 to degrease and clean surfaces prior to applying threadlocker.
2. Preparation - Activation
If cure speed is too slow due to passive metals (stainless steel, aluminum and plated metals) or low temperature (below 5°C), use LOCTITE SF 7649 activator. Allow to dry.
3a. Application - Through Hole
Apply a few drops of liquid threadlocker to the thread engagement area. Assemble nut and tighten to proper torque.
3b. Application - Blind Hole
Apply several drops of liquid threadlocker into lower third of blind hole, as well as a few drops onto male threads, and then install male threads. Tighten to proper torque.
Assemble and tighten to proper torque requirement. If several bolts are being assembled, torque them down to the correct value within the fixture time window.
5a. Disassembly - Hand Tools
Disassemble with standard hand tools.
5b. Disassembly - Heat
If disassembly is not possible using normal hand tools, apply localized heat to approximately 500°F/260°C. Disassemble while hot with standard hand tools.
For manual dispensing, the use of LOCTITE® EQ Pro Pump (for 50ml and 250ml bottles) or LOCTITE®Peristaltic Hand Pumps (50 ml or 250 ml versions) is recommended to ensure a consistent application volume.
For the disassembly of corroded or seized parts, use LOCTITE® LB 8040 Freeze and Release.
Where to Buy
Use our distributor locator to find your nearest store.
* Contact the distributor to confirm that the selected product is in stock.Go To distributor locator