LOCTITE® HY 4090 GY Universal Structural Bonder
Features and Benefits
- General purpose
- Very fast fixture at room temperature
- Cyanoacrylate/epoxy hybrid
- Bonds a variety of substrates including metals, most plastics and rubbers
- Good temperature and moisture resistance
- Suitable for gap filling on rough and poorly fitting surfaces
Documents and Downloads
- 50 ml Twin (Dual) Cartridge 10.0/case - IDH 2205827
Size Case: 50 ml Twin (Dual) Cartridge
Looking for a TDS or SDS in another language?
|Number of components||2 Part|
|Fixture time, Mixed||<180.0 sec.|
|Gap fill, Mixed||2.0 mm|
|Key characteristics, Mixed||Environment Resistant, Humidity Resistant|
|Lab shear strength, Mild Steel (grit blasted) Mixed||17.0 N/mm² (2420.0 psi )|
|Mix ratio, by weight, Mixed||1:1|
|Operating temperature, Mixed||-40.0 - 150.0 °C (-40.0 - 300.0 °F )|
|Viscosity, cone & plate, Resin||4000.0 - 7000.0 mPa·s (cP)|
|Viscosity, cone & plate, Hardener||25000.0 - 40000.0 mPa·s (cP)|
Step by Step Guide
1. Preparation - Cleaning
It is recommended to use the correct LOCTITE® cleaner for the surface to be bonded (such as LOCTITE® SF 7070™) to degrease and clean surfaces prior to applying the adhesive.
2. Preparation of Cartridge
Place cartridge in dispense gun. Remove cap from cartridge. Dispense a small amount so that material is coming out of both sides of cartridge. Attach mix nozzle and dispense a bead at least half of the length of the nozzle. The material is ready to use.
Apply a bead of material to one of the surfaces to be bonded. Join the parts and fixture in a way to prevent movement of the part until handling strength is obtained.
Where to Buy
Use our distributor locator to find your nearest store.
* Contact the distributor to confirm that the selected product is in stock.Go To distributor locator