Reliable, high-performing adhesive solutions for bookbinding
Henkel’s portfolio of bookbinding and graphic arts adhesives do not only improve the end product, but also lower overall costs. Our high-performance bookbinding adhesives are suitable for a range of applications including:
- Hardcover and Softcover Books
- Magazines and Catalogs
- Print on Demand
Advanced Polymer Technology-Based Adhesives
The digitization of production processes is also having an impact on the bookbinding industry. As cost pressures increase, bookbinders are finding it increasingly important to make their processes as efficient as possible.
With adding the new hot melt adhesive range to our product portfolio, we are answering exactly these demands. These products allow a performance and cost competitive upgrade to EVA-based hot melts for the binding of soft/hard cover, perfect bound/sewn, and rounded books.
The innovative hot melt range shows outstanding results in heat/cold resistance, thermal stability, and application weight. Thus, setting new benchmarks for cleaner production, increased mileage, and reliable bonding at a competitive cost-in-use.
Advanced polymer technology for bookbinding adhesives is a performance and cost-competitive upgrade and have the following benefits:
- Excellent adhesion: 20 – 25% greater pull strength than high-quality EVA
- Universal hot melt: Usable on all melters and suitable for most substrates / applications
- High heat / cold resistance: Resistance to cracking; good cold flexibility of spine
- High thermal stability: No charring, less downtime for cleaning and spare parts replacement
- High flex / rounding potential: Good spine and lay flat flexibility; exceptional rounding potential
- Low consumption: Low application weight and density; economical cost-in-use