Excellent corrosion protection and paint adhesion
Conditioners for Zinc Phosphate
Surface conditioners directly precede the zinc phosphate solution and help promote a dense, uniform zinc phosphate crystalline structure. By changing some of the surface conditioner operating parameters, such as concentration, pH, or time, the final zinc phosphate conversion coating properties will be affected. For example, by using a higher concentration of the conditioner, finer zinc phosphate crystals are allowed to form, thereby reducing the total coating weight. To ensure perfect adhesion for zinc phosphate conversion coatings, it is necessary to prepare the surface prior to treatment. This preparation removes oil and grease, using aqueous or solvent-based cleaning solutions, creating the ideal bonding surface for subsequent treatment.
Henkel supplies a range of BONDERITE® surface conditioners specially formulated (either titanium or zinc-based) for preparing metallic surfaces for zinc phosphate coating, thereby ensuring a tough, long-lasting, and high-quality surface finish.
Benefits of Zinc Phosphate Treatment
The zinc phosphate coating process applied by spray or immersion is a trusted pretreatment designed to prepare metal surfaces for painting by providing an excellent foundation that promotes paint adhesion and corrosion protection.
Key benefits of the zinc phosphate coating process include:
- Suitable for use with a wide range of metals, steel, hot-dipped or electrogalvanized, zinc-nickel alloys, and aluminum.
- Spray and Immersion Process applications
- Generates a uniform dense polycrystalline coating serving as an excellent foundation for subsequent paint applications
- Compatible with a wide range of paint applications, electrocoat, powder coating, solvent-based, and water-based paint coatings
- Automatic control
- Surface conditioner products are available for use with a wide range of water types
- Nickel-free zinc phosphate products for a more sustainable process
Please fill out the form below and we'll respond shortly.