Solutions for connecting and sealing engines, transmissions and batteries for the best performance of any powertrain in a fuel, hybrid or electric car.
The powertrain of a car covers all the components that generate power and transfer it to the road. That includes the engine, the transmission, differential and the driveshaft. In hybrid and electric vehicles, the propulsion system also includes the battery, electric drive system and control electronics.
All these different components need to be securely connected and sealed to ensure the efficient operation of the vehicle and prevent leaks. Amongst its wide range of products for automotive powertrains, Henkel provides solutions for sealing engine blocks and cylinder heads, transmission housings, electric drive motor sealing, battery pack sealing, water pumps and oil pans. We also offer a service for porosity sealing of aluminum casted powertrain parts, such an engine blocks, transmission housings and battery pack housings.
In addition to it we also provide solutions for all stages of powertrain manufacture from forming to machining to assembly including lubricants for forming and machining, cleaning products, liquid sealants and adhesives.
- Cylinder block and cylinder head sealing
- Transmission housing sealing
- Electric Drive motor sealing
- battery module and battery pack sealing
- Water pump sealing
- Oil pan sealing
- Porosity sealing for engine blocks, transmission housings and battery pack housings.
Automotive powertrain products
- LOCTITE® 5188 Anaerobic Flange Sealant
- LOCTITE® 5810 Flange Sealant
- LOCTITE® 5884 Polyacrylate Sealant
- LOCTITE® 5970 Flange Sealant