Features and Benefits
- Ideal for low-strength threadlocking of adjusting screws, countersunk head screws and set screws
- Prevents loosening on vibrating assemblies, e.g. pumps, gear boxes or presses
- Especially suited to small thread sizes
- Permits disassembly with hand tools
- P1 NSF Reg. No.: 123002
Documents and Downloads
- 250 ml Bottle 10.0/case - IDH 142486
- 50 ml Bottle 12.0/case - IDH 195743
- 12 x 10 ml Bottle 12.0/case - IDH 267358
Size Case: 250 ml Bottle
Size Case: 50 ml Bottle
Looking for a TDS or SDS in another language?
|Agency Approvals / Specifications||NSF P1 Reg No: 123002|
|Fixture Time||8.0 - 360.0 min.|
|Substrates||Metal: Steel, Metal: Steel - Stainless Steel, Metal: Brass|
Step by Step Guide
1. Preparation - Cleaning
It is recommended to use LOCTITE® 7063 to degrease and clean surfaces prior to applying adhesive.
2. Preparation - Activation
If cure speed is too slow due to passive metals (stainless steel, aluminium and plated metals) or low temperature (below 5°C), use activator LOCTITE® 7240 or LOCTITE® 7649 (see cure speed vs activator graph in the TDS).
Apply liquid threadlocker to the engagement area. (Recommended dispensing equipment: IDH 608996 50ml Hand Pump or IDH 88631 Peristaltic handgun 97001)
4. Application - Through Hole
Assemble bolt first and then apply threadlocker. Apply nut and tighten to correct torque.
5. Application - Blind Hole
Apply into lower third of blind hole.
6. Application - Post-Assembly
Assemble nut and bolt, dispense product at the edge of nut and bolt.
Assemble and tighten. If several bolts are being assembled, torque them down to the correct value within the fixture.
8. Disassembly - Hand Tools
Disassemble with standard hand tools.
9. Disassembly - Heat
If not possible, apply localised heat to approximately 250°C. Disassemble while hot.
10. Disassembly after heating - Hand Tools
Disassemble while hot with standard hand tools.
For corroded or seized parts use LOCTITE 8040 Freeze and Release.
Where to Buy
Use our distributor locator to find your nearest store.
* Contact the distributor to confirm that the selected product is in stock.Go To distributor locator