Features and Benefits
- Semi-flexible, medium-strength anaerobic flange gasket
- Easy to automate
- Reduces process costs – eliminates manual assembly of conventional gaskets
- NSF P1 Reg. No. 123758
- For active and inactive rigid metal flanges
- Cures through minor surface contamination
- Adapts to flange surface irregularities and gaps up to 0.25 mm
- Gel-type consistency
- Seals instantly against low pressure
- Reduces inventory costs – no need for large inventory of cut gaskets
- Resists high pressure when fully cured
- No compression set or misaligned gaskets
Documents and Downloads
- 50 ml Standard Cartridge 10.0/case - IDH 2069174
- 300 ml Standard Cartridge 10.0/case - IDH 2069177
- 65 ml Standard Cartridge 10.0/case - IDH 2069178
- 25 ml Bottle 12.0/case - IDH 2392090
Size Case: 50 ml Standard Cartridge
Size Case: 300 ml Standard Cartridge
Size Case: 65 ml Standard Cartridge
Looking for a TDS or SDS in another language?
|Fixture Time||25.0 min.|
|Lab Shear Strength||7.5 N/mm²|
|Specific Gravity, @ 25.0 °C||1.1|
|Storage Temperature||8.0 - 21.0 °C|
|Viscosity, Brookfield - HBT, @ 25.0 °C Spindle TC, speed 0.5 rpm, Helipath||3000000.0 - 4500000.0 mPa·s (cP)|
|Viscosity, Brookfield - HBT, @ 25.0 °C Spindle TC, speed 5.0 rpm, Helipath||500000.0 - 1000000.0 mPa·s (cP)|
Step by Step Guide
1. Preparation - Cleaning
Apply LOCTITE® SF 7200 on old gasketing adhesive and use a wood or plastic scraper to remove residues. Remove burrs. It is recommended to use LOCTITE® SF 7063 to degrease and clean surfaces prior to applying the adhesive.
2. Preparation - Activation
If cure speed of LOCTITE® 518 is too slow due to passive metals or low temperature (below 5°C), use activator LOCTITE® SF 7240 or LOCTITE® SF 7649 (see cure speed vs activator graph in the TDS).
Apply as a continuous close bead onto one flange surface. Place the bead close to the inner rim of the flange and encircle all holes. Small scratches can be filled by the adhesive. LOCTITE® 518 can also be applied by roller onto larger flanges or use the LOCTITE® 518 pen.
Assemble flanges and tighten bolts as soon as possible.
Disassemble bolts with standard hand tools. Use jacking-screws, cast-on bosses or recesses to lift flanges apart. For corroded or seized parts, use LOCTITE® 8040 Freeze and Release.
Where to Buy
Use our distributor locator to find your nearest store.
* Contact the distributor to confirm that the selected product is in stock.Go To distributor locator