Features and Benefits
- General purpose, threaded pipe and fitting sealant
- Non-curing, immediate, full-pressure seal
- For a quick, easy and reliable seal
- WRAS listed – approval number 1807518, meets BS 6920 for potable water: 0808533
- DVGW/KTW approval for gas and potable water
- Tested in accordance with EN 751-2 Class ARp and DIN 30660; certified to NSF/ANSI, Standard 61
Documents and Downloads
- 160M Tub 48.0/case - IDH 2056938
- 24x50M Tub 24.0/case - IDH 483283
Size Case: 160M Tub
Looking for a TDS or SDS in another language?
|Agency Approvals / Specifications||DVGW, KTW, NSF|
Step by Step Guide
1. 1. Preparation
Cleaning: Clean threads if necessary and roughen smooth threads.
2. 2. Application
Wind the cord onto the pipe thread in the same direction as the thread, starting from the end of the pipe. Apply in a criss-fross manner. For recommended number of wraps, see label. Cut the cord with the integrated cutting tool at the top of the tube.
3. 3. Assembly
Assemble using accepted trade practices. Adjustment of 45° is possible after tightening.
4. Which products can be used on metals / plastics?
Metals: all mentioned adhesives but with varying performance characteristics. Plastics: all adhesives other than anaerobic adhesives – recommend silicones, LOCTITE® 55 or other technologies (i.e. CAs) depending on application.
5. Which thread sealants can be used on oxygen systems?
Care must be taken when using adhesives on pure oxygen systems. LOCTITE® 577 has BAM® approval and can be considered. For non-pure systems, any adhesive that is compatible with the selected fittings and operating conditions can be considered.