Designing with Liquid Gaskets Can Prevent Flange Leaks
These days, more and more manufacturers are facing zero tolerance for leaks that cause product failure and warranty claims. Preventing leaks is impossible with cut gaskets alone – they have surface irregularities that create failure points and are also prone to relaxation, displacement and flange bowing and deformation. Liquid gaskets can prevent these problems.
Learn how with our Leak-Free Flanges - A LOCTITE Design Guide.
Design Benefits of Liquid Gaskets
- 100% seal for total surface coverage - preventing leaks and weeping
- Provide flexibility for thinner, lighter flange designs
- Can seal flanges with reduced machining tolerances
- Will not settle, slip or relax - maintain fastener tension
- Distribute stress evenly and will not crack or tear
- Have excellent chemical resistance, high blowout resistance
- Can conform to any shape or size gasketing eliminating the need for inventory of replacement gaskets
Design for Zero Gasket Leaks with LOCTITE
- Industry knowledge
- Technology solutions
- Applications support
To help you design for leak-free devices
We can help you reduce warranty claims, lower manufacturing costs and improve competitiveness. Find out how with our Leak-Free Flanges - A LOCTITE Design Guide.
Download our Leak-Free Flanges - A LOCTITE Design Guide
Built on the results of dynamic fatigue tests, analysis of existing gasket joints, experience, and the results of calculations from Henkel and other independent institutes, our Liquid Gasketing Design Guide provides both general design considerations that are gasket-type independent as well as specific guidelines for liquid gasket sealers, such as formed-in-place gaskets with anaerobic cure and room temperature vulcanizing RTV Elastomers.
Please fill out the form below and we'll respond shortly.