Hi-Flow 225U is designed for use as a thermal interface material between a computer processor and a heat sink. The product consists of a thermally conductive 55°C phase change compound coated on a release liner and supplied on a carrier.
Above its phase change temperature, Hi-Flow 225U wets-out the thermal interface surfaces and flows to produce low thermal impedance. Hi-Flow 225U requires pressure of the assembly to cause flow.
1. Hand-apply to 35°-45°C heat sink. The heat sink is heated in an oven or via heat gun to between 35°-45°C. The Hi-Flow 225U part is then applied like an adhesive pad. The heat sink is cooled to room temperature and packaged. A protective tab liner remains in place until the unit is ready for final assembly. The protective tab can be readily removed from the applied Hi-Flow 225U pad at a maximum temperature of 28°C.
2. Automated equipment with 30-psi pressure. A pick-and-place automated dispensing unit can be used to apply the HI-Flow 225U pad to a room-temperature heat sink. The placement head should have a silicone rubber pad, and should apply approximately 30-psi pressure to the pad on transfer to the 25°-35°C heat sink. Once applied, the protective tab can be readily removed from the Hi-Flow 225U pad at a maximum temperature of 28°C.
- Thermal impedance: 0.07°C-in²/W (@25 psi)
- Hi-Flow coating will resist dripping
- Thermally conductive 55°C phase change compound
- Available in roll form with kiss-cut parts
- Computer and peripherals
- High performance computer processors
- Graphic cards
- Power modules
Standard Configuration (Metric)
Standard Configuration (Imperial)
Halogen Testing Report
SDS English EU