Bergquist introduces a new high thermal performance dielectric into its comprehensive Thermal Clad metal core PCB (MCPCB’s) line. HPL is a dielectric specifically formulated for high power lighting LED applications with demanding thermal performance requirements.This thin dielectric at 0.0015" (38μm) has an ability to withstand high temperatures with a glass transition of 185°C and phenomenal thermal performance of 0.30°C/W.
Bergquist Thermal Clad Metal Core PCB’s minimize thermal impedance and conduct heat more effectively and efficiently than standard printed wiring boards (PWB’s).The low thermal impedance of Thermal Clad dielectrics outperforms other PCB materials and offers a cost effective solution eliminating additional LEDs for simplified designs and an overall less complicated production process. Use of Thermal Clad results in lower operating temperatures substantially extending LED lifetimes and offers better durability for high power lighting applications.
- Very low thermal resistance of 0.02°Cin²/W (0.13°Ccm2/W)
- High thermal conductivity of 7.5 W/m-K
- High temperature applications
- Lead-free solder compatible
- Eutectic AuSn compatible
- RoHS compliant and environmentally green
- Available on all aluminum and copper metal substrates
- High watt-density applications where achieving low thermal resistance is required
- LED applications