Start Time (EDT)
02:00 PM - 03:00 PM
Material Selection for Propulsion Applications
Engines, nacelles and auxiliary power units experience temperature extremes, require long-term durability and undergo mechanical and acoustic fatigue. Henkel has developed a family of products to meet these extreme demands including:
- Surface treatments for metals and impregnated peel plies for composite surface preparation.
- Film adhesives capable of reticulation in honeycomb sandwich applications.
- Paste adhesives and potting compounds for high temperature service.
- Core splice materials for use with metal and organic honeycombs.
- Surfacing and lightning strike films for composite structures.
- Abradable seals to improve engine efficiency.
See presenter's information below.
Watch replay now:
Erwin Duinker has a background in chemistry and launched his career in Aerospace with Turco Products in 1999. His experience at Henkel includes product development across surface treatments, paint strippers and cleaners as well as technical support for structural adhesives.
Erwin is a certified European Adhesive Engineer by Frauenhofer IFAM since 2007. He provides technical support for the key account Airbus Group at Henkel since 2013.
Ray Cornwell joined Henkel in 2004 and currently is the Technical Service Manager at Bay Point, USA, facility and has serviced the Aerospace Industry for 35 plus years. In his role as one of Henkel’s IACET authorized Certified Instructors, Ray conducts the training for our Adhesive and Frekote product lines to our authorized distributors and customers.